A Great Prayer from My 7 Year Old


"The Beast" is our president's armored Caddy
Tonight our family was praying for our governmental leaders as part of EBC's Family Worship Week.  http://www.ebcfamilyworshipweek.blogspot.com/

My 7yr old was assigned to pray for our president. When he thanked God for the president's "magic car" I started to chasten him. Then I realized he was talking about the president's armored car, "The Beast." You're right, Andrew. We should thank God for protecting our president.

"First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.  This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior." (1 Timothy 2:1-3)