Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Sneak-Peek at Tomorrow's Lesson

Ever known professing believers who were always negative?  Who never had a good word to say about anyone or anything?  Ever wondered, "What causes that?"  Ever been forced to ask yourself, "Am I that way?"

Tomorrow morning in our continuing series in The Gospel According to Mark, we will discover at least one of the main reasons for this spiritual malady.  It's called P-R-I-D-E.  And the Pharisees were steeped in it.

I am really enjoying this new series in Mark.  Each lesson has brought me face to face with the Lord Jesus and face to face with myself.  Tomorrow's lesson will reveal that if we are full-time, professional critics, we should resign and find a new line of work. 

By the way, I am blessed that the wonderful congregation I serve does not need this sermon as a corrective Word.  But we can all receive it as a Word of caution.  If you are in the area, drop in to visit us at either 9am or 10:30am.  We've got a great SS class just for you and your family at either 9:15am or 10:30am.  The music is going to be great and the fellowship of the folks at Emmanuel is always sweet.

Tomorrow morning Christ will overturn the apple cart of religion and show us that the only cure for our spiritual malady is His cross.  I hope you can make it!