The Most Quoted Verse in the Bible

This Sunday morning our series on "The Most" will continue with a provocative look at what I am calling the most quoted verse in the Bible.  It is not necessarily the most quoted verse by Christians.   But I am convinced that the verse we will examine is quoted more often by unbelievers than any verse in the Bible.

Unbelievers may not know John 3:16 but they know this verse.  They may not know Romans 3:23, 6:23, 5:8, 10:9, or 10:13 but they know this verse.  In fact, it seems as if even an unbeliever can parse the Greek verbs in this "most quoted verse."  It's as though the world has memorized this verse in the KJV, NIV, NASB, NKJV, and even The Message.  Even a lost man deems himself to be an expert on exegeting this verse.

I am looking forward to unveiling this "most quoted verse" and the Biblical teaching that it contains.  I hope to see all my EBC family at 9am and 10:30am.